Welcome to Yinnar & District
Yinnar is located in the picturesque Morwell River Valley in Gippsland, with views of the Strzelecki Ranges to the west and the Jeeralang Hills to the east. Situated twenty kilometres south west of Morwell, the township provides a rural residential area for those employed in the Latrobe Valley's industrial, educational and service sectors. It is the centre of an active mixed farming industry.
The District of Yinnar includes the thriving communities of Yinnar South and Jeeralang Junction.
Things to see and do:
There are many things to do in Yinnar & District, whether you are visiting for the day, a long term resident or new to the area
- Take the scenic drive to Yinnar via the Strzelecki Trail (Route 94) .
- Visit the latest exhibition at ARC gallery.
- Enjoy the annual Fiddlehead Festival in Yinnar (February)
- Catch the annual Folk Festival in Boolarra (March)
- Take your boat out on Hazelwood Pondage.
- Find something locally made at the Yinnar General Store or ARC Gallery.
- Take a short walk or even a hike through one of the many walking tracks in the Morwell National Park in Yinnar South.
- If you enjoy bushwalking and camping you can go on a 3-4 day hike along the Grand Strzelecki Track which takes you from Morwell National Park through the Strzelecki Ranges to Tarra Bulga National Park.
- Sit down, relax and have a bite to eat at Yinnar Country Cafe.
- Read about news, events, services and items for sale at the Yinnar Notice Board.
- Have a picnic under the trees at one of Yinnar's parks.
- Pick up a copy of the Yinnar Newsletter and the Yinnar South Newsletter at the Yinnar General Store.
- Revisit the past at the Railway Goods Shed Museum.
- Attend an event at the Switchroom at ARC Yinnar.
- Find your creative side with an art class at the Art Resource Collective.
- Join a session at the Yinnar Bowls Club.
- Take the kids on a fishing trip with the Yinnar Angling Club.
- Take in panoramic views of the valley at the top of Creamery Road.
- Book in to see a performance by the local Strzelecki Stringbusters on the last Wednesday of each month at the Yinnar Hotel.
- Visit one of the smallest churches in Australia, 'Holy Innocents' in Yinnar South.
- Stay a while at some of the accommodation offered around Yinnar.